Benchmark provides proven roof and pavement consulting services with unmatched expertise and responsive individual attention to each client. Commitment, dedication, experience, integrity and trust are the foundation of our 30-plus year record of successful client relationships (www.benchmark-inc.com). We are seeking a qualified, full-time Accounting Associate to join our team.
The ideal Accounting Associate possesses the following three virtues:
HUMBLE: They are quick to point out contributions of others and define success collectively rather than individually. They support healthy conflict and enjoy sharing credit with the team. They are focused on fostering trust and they lead by example. They are willing to do any level of work and chip in whenever needed.
HUNGRY: They will go above and beyond to achieve goals. They are self-motivated and diligently look for the next challenge. They will encourage others to continuously improve processes and hold themselves and the team accountable. They are passionate about their work and their team.
PEOPLE SMART: They have strong interpersonal skills and are trustworthy. They are quick to build trust among their coworkers. They have good judgement and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and they understand the impact of their words and actions. A sense of humor is a must.
- Applies fairness and consistency in the review, analysis, and approval of weekly employee time and expense reports, which serve as the foundation of our client invoices.
- Data entry including posting cash receipts and submitting client invoices.
- Supports the team throughout the billing process.
- Reconciliation of monthly balance sheets.
- Embraces a collaborative environment where everyone is on the same page.
- Shares ideas, solves problems, and seeks efficiencies within work processes.
- Open to cross training in order to support the team and has a whatever it takes attitude.
- Balances multiple projects and priorities with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Encourages the flow of communication and fosters relationships throughout the company and with our vendors/clients.
- Communicates with teammates and leadership to effectively balance workload.
- 2-year, Associates Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Proficiency with multiple technology platforms including; vendor/client portals, PDF editing programs, Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Strong data entry/ten-key skills
- Experience working with Deltek Vision or a similar Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System
- Experience working in a related field/industry (engineering, construction, architecture, etc.)
Our Mission Statement:
- Sound and valuable counsel
- Exceptional responsiveness and dependability
- Dedication to the client’s best interests and needs
- A strong work ethic, high standards and integrity
- Concern for the career enrichment and well-being of all associates
Benchmark offers an unmatched professional culture with a family feel where community matters. We provide opportunity for professional and personal growth to all employees. Our employees enjoy a full suite of benefits including health/wellness, dental, life, AD&D, disability (short and long-term), 401(k) with employer matching contributions, and paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer days.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
6065 Huntington Court NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402