Benchmark provides proven roof and pavement consulting services with unmatched expertise and responsive individual attention to each client. Commitment, dedication, experience, integrity and trust are the foundation of our 30+ year record of successful client relationships (www.benchmark-inc.com). We are seeking a qualified, part-time Building and Grounds person to join our team in Cedar Rapids.
The ideal Building and Grounds person possesses the following three virtues:
HUMBLE: They are quick to point out contributions of others and define success collectively rather than individually. They support healthy conflict and enjoy sharing credit with the team. They are focused on fostering trust and they lead by example. They are willing to do any level of work and chip in whenever needed.
HUNGRY: They will go above and beyond to achieve goals. They are self-motivated and diligently look for the next challenge. They will encourage others to continuously improve processes and hold themselves and the team accountable. They are passionate about their work and their team.
PEOPLE SMART: They have strong interpersonal skills and are trustworthy. They are quick to build trust among their coworkers. They have good judgement and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and they understand the impact of their words and actions. A sense of humor is a must.
Support and Process:
- Performs minor carpentry, plumbing and electrical repairs
- Complete routine landscaping on the grounds
- Maintain miscellaneous equipment or appliances
- Undertake duties as assigned or emergency tasks (e.g. shoveling snow)
- Regularly check community spaces for cleanliness and general maintenance items
- Perform miscellaneous company errands with company vehicles
- Schedule maintenance and detail multiple company vehicles
- Assist with the set up and tear down of company events
- Identify and report the need for major repairs
- Discuss duties and company needs with General Manager
- Proven experience as handyman
- Experience with hardware tools and electrical equipment
- Basic understanding of electrical, plumbing and HVAC systems
- General knowledge of landscaping and plant care
- Well-organized and apt in problem-solving
- Attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs.
Our Mission Statement:
- Sound and valuable counsel
- Exceptional responsiveness and dependability
- Dedication to the client’s best interests and needs
- A strong work ethic, high standards and integrity
- Concern for the career enrichment and well-being of all associates
Benchmark offers an unmatched professional culture with a family feel where community matters. We provide opportunity for professional and personal growth to all employees.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
6065 Huntington Court NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402