Benchmark provides proven roof and pavement consulting services with unmatched expertise and responsive individual attention to each client. Commitment, dedication, experience, integrity and trust are the foundation of our 30+ year record of successful client relationships (www.benchmark-inc.com). We are seeking a qualified, full-time HR Administrator (HR Generalist) to join our team. This position will be based at our company headquarters located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
The ideal HR Administrator (HR Generalist) possesses the following three virtues:
HUMBLE: They are quick to point out contributions of others and define success collectively rather than individually. They support healthy conflict and enjoy sharing credit with the team. They are focused on fostering trust and they lead by example. They are willing to do any level of work and chip in whenever needed.
HUNGRY: They will go above and beyond to achieve goals. They are self-motivated and diligently look for the next challenge. They will encourage others to continuously improve processes and hold themselves and the team accountable. They are passionate about their work and their team.
PEOPLE SMART: They have strong interpersonal skills and are trustworthy. They are quick to build trust among their coworkers. They have good judgement and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and they understand the impact of their words and actions. A sense of humor is a must.
Teamwork, Support, and Process:
- Provides general administrative support in all areas of responsibility for the human resources team. This includes: human resources department work process, process improvement/continuous improvement, company policies and procedures, client pre-qualification safety requirements, compliance, forms, confidential employee records, employee benefits, employee events, employee safety, background checks, drug screens, new hire onboarding, recruiting and hiring, and talent management (career enrichment).
- Works alongside the human resources team to provide input on and help implement goals, work processes, and employee programs.
- Encourages and supports teammates to collaborate and work effectively to share ideas and solve problems.
- Leads within assigned key areas of responsibility for the human resources department.
- Assists to meet team deadlines and requests.
- Works independently and within the team on a variety of projects and initiatives.
- Manages multiple projects and is able to prioritize accordingly.
- Encourages the flow of communication and fosters relationships throughout the company.
- Communicates with team members and leadership to effectively balance workload.
- Enthusiasm and a passion for human resources practices and procedures.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills, a positive attitude, and is a self-starter.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Respects and protects the confidentiality of the company and its employees.
- A commitment to quality, integrity, and dependability.
- Bachelor or Associate’s degree (or equivalent experience).
- 1-3 years in human resources (or related area).
- Experience working in a Human Resources Information System (HRIS).
- Experience working in an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System.
Our Mission Statement:
- Sound and valuable counsel
- Exceptional responsiveness and dependability
- Dedication to the client’s best interests and needs
- A strong work ethic, high standards and integrity
- Concern for the career enrichment and well-being of all associates
Benchmark offers an unmatched professional culture with a family feel where community matters. We provide opportunity for professional and personal growth to all employees. Our employees enjoy a full suite of benefits including health/wellness, dental, life, AD&D, disability (short and long-term), 401(k) with employer matching contributions, and paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer days.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
6065 Huntington Court NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402