Benchmark provides proven roof and pavement consulting services with unmatched expertise and responsive individual attention to each client. Commitment, dedication, experience, integrity and trust are the foundation of our 30-plus year record of successful client relationships (www.benchmark-inc.com). We are seeking a qualified, full-time Drafting Technician to join our team.
The ideal candidate possesses the following three virtues:
HUMBLE: They are quick to point out contributions of others and define success collectively rather than individually. They support healthy conflict and enjoy sharing credit with the team. They are focused on fostering trust and they lead by example. They are willing to do any level of work and chip in whenever needed.
HUNGRY: They will go above and beyond to achieve goals. They are self-motivated and diligently look for the next challenge. They will encourage others to continuously improve processes and hold themselves and the team accountable. They are passionate about their work and their team.
PEOPLE SMART: They have strong interpersonal skills and are trustworthy. They are quick to build trust among their coworkers. They have good judgement and intuition around the subtleties of group dynamics and they understand the impact of their words and actions. A sense of humor is a must.
Teamwork and Process:
- Works alongside the drafting team to provide input on and implement goals, work processes and production standards
- Encourages and supports fellow teammates to collaborate and work effectively to share ideas and solve problems
- Works closely with Benchmark project managers and team members to meet individual client requirements and deadlines
- Leads the team within assigned key areas of responsibility for the drafting department
- Responsible for accuracy and clarity of the final documents
- Assists to meet all client deadlines and requests
- Works independently and within a team on a variety of projects
- Manages multiple projects and is able to prioritize accordingly
- Encourages the flow of communication and foster relationships throughout the company and with our consultants
- Communicates with teammates and leadership to effectively balance workload
- Enthusiasm and a passion for drafting and technical excellence
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Read and understand plans and job specifications in order to analyze design objectives and job requirements
- Able to work in Microsoft Office suite of products (Word, Outlook, Excel, etc.)
- Detail-oriented with strong organization skills, a positive attitude, and is a self-starter
- Completion of Drafting Technology Program, Associates degree, or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a related field/industry (engineering, construction, architecture, etc.)
- Experience working with an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) System Our Mission Statement:
- Sound and valuable counsel
- Exceptional responsiveness and dependability
- Dedication to the client’s best interests and needs
- A strong work ethic, high standards and integrity
- Concern for the career enrichment and well-being of all associates
Benchmark offers an unmatched professional culture with a family feel where community matters. We provide opportunity for professional and personal growth to all employees. Our employees enjoy a full suite of benefits including health/wellness, dental, life, AD&D, disability (short and long-term), 401(k) with employer matching contributions, and paid vacation, holidays, and volunteer days.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to:
Attn: Human Resources
6065 Huntington Court NE
Cedar Rapids, IA 52402